Fellow Sun Soaked Dragons

With most teams having completed their season:

The Firsts Team beat Sporting Hackney 3-2 at home with the match actually played at Osterley. The Dragons lost a key player with an ankle injury after 5 minutes and were down to 10 players but never the less absorbed Hackney’s early pressure before a long ball lead to their conceding a free kick just outside the box. The kick was saved only for the ball to run to a Hackney player who tapped it in. The Dragons adapted to create a fine equaliser. The second half was played in searing heat with the Dragon’s dominated the increasingly tired Hackney  to pull ahead with a well-executed move. A lack of defensive concentration then allowed Hackney to head home from a corner. Under the cosh, and outnumbered, the Dragons raised their level and was duly rewarded with a fine counter attack chipping the keeper from 25 yards to win. A great result!

The Reserves beat CB Hounslow 3-2  with the Dragons taking the lead after 10 minutes from a penalty in a lack-lustre game. The Dragons added 2 gaols after half time and seemed to be pulling away but CB pulled 2 back in the last 5 minutes making an easy game look competitive. The Dragons need to win all the remaining games to give themselves a chance of winning the league. 

On Saturday the U15Bs just lost 3-4 on the Scrubs against the runaway league leaders, Brook House –  having fought back from 3 nil down. The Dragons hit the foot of the post, the crossbar and had numerous chances to record a famous victory in the blistering heat but alas it was not to be – sometimes football can be cruel.

The U15As lost 2-4 to Celtic at home in a reverse score line from the game earlier in the season. The Dragons came up second best in a game clearly influenced by ill-judged previous suspensions. The Dragons went into the half  2-1 up with two very well worked goals, but in the second half conceded 3 quick goals. Overall this has been a good season, in a tough league that the Dragons aspire to win next season

The Girls lost 1-4 away to Alexandra Park Youth.  The Dragons started well and at half time the score was 1-1.  In the second half however the Dragons did not have the same pace in the heat and wilted to conceded  goals